Every online game has a certain amount of people who have achieved the highest rank and the best results. Both e-athletes and regular players who demonstrate excellent skills and are able to lead their team to victory can play at the highest level.
What are leaderboards?
For a visual display of the best players, there are official ratings from the Valve company. They include 200 players based on Dota 2 MMR for each region. These tables are formed depending on Dota 2 rating of the player, which was achieved during single games (team matches are not taken into consideration). The latest version of the table is available every day at 22:00 GMT.
The Dota 2 leaderboard is divided into regions depending on the servers used by players:
- The American region includes «South America», «West USA», «Southern States of the USA» servers.
- The ranking of the Chinese region is based on the data of games played on Perfect World Telecom and Perfect World Unicom servers.
- In the European region, there are servers in Eastern Europe, Russia, Western Europe, as well as South Africa.
- The list of Asian servers includes Southeast Asia, South Korea (Nexon server) and Australia.
A place in the leaderboard represents gamer’s prestige, respect and attention from advertisers, including the opportunity to earn money.
How to get to the top?
In order to be included in the list of top players, in addition to a place in the list of «200 best players in the region», a number of conditions must be met:
- At least three hundred played on the account.
- At least one hundred singles matches in ranked games.
- At least fifteen ranked solo matches played in the previous three weeks.
Also, the player must have official information in the profile. He has to choose the name used in competitions and tournaments instead of the nickname in Steam.
Personal information in the table
To appear in the Dota 2 leaderboards you have to add your personal information, which will be publicly displayed. It can be changed every two weeks.
The list of necessary information includes:
- The name of the player that is displayed in the leaderboards and during tournaments.
- Flag of the country the player represents. The flag is displayed as an icon next to the name in the leaderboard.
- The name of the professional team the player represents and its abbreviated tag.
- A role, the functions of which a player performs as part of his team. The main roles include: central lane hero (mid), farm (farm, easy lane, carry), hard lane (hard lane, off lane). Also, the player can perform the role of support (support, roam, semi-support).
- Official sponsors with whom the player cooperates.
Thanks to the regularly updated leaderboards, every player can get information about the strongest gamers of the world, evaluate their victories, and also follow talented e-sportsmen.